Hearing loss if untreated can cause psychological implications such as shame and problems concentrating as well as depression and low self-esteem. Physical implications may include headaches, stress and increased blood pressure. If left untreated hearing loss can also have social consequences such as isolation and communication problems. Thanks to Hearing Aids, hearing loss can be a thing of the past.
The benefits of using hearing aids are almost limitless, however here are some of the more obvious benefits:
- The most beneficial effects of hearing aids are found in the users’ social lives, and family relationships.
- Hearing aid users enjoy better overall health than non-users.
- Hearing impaired people with hearing aids have greater self-confidence, stronger self-image and better communicative functioning, resulting in overall higher self-esteem.
- Hearing aids help to reduce deterioration in psychological functioning as a result of hearing impairment.
- Hearing aids can reverse social, emotional and communication dysfunctions caused by hearing impairment.
How will you know if you need hearing aids?
Your initial hearing test will be done by a hearing care professional who will examine your ears. Your hearing care profession will then find out if there are any problems in the ear canal or the eardrum. After the physical examination, your hearing is tested. A series of tests can be done, such as pure tone test, bone conduction test, speech test and the last examination is known as the Tympanometry test, which tests the condition of the middle ear and mobility of the eardrum. The tests are presented in an audiogram which shows the degree of hearing loss and if you could benefit from hearing aids.
If you feel you could benefit from testing your hearing, contact one of our easily accessible Hearing Aids Labs to schedule an appointment. Choose from our extensive range of services and products, to learn more contact us.